Friday, May 30, 2014

Be Strong and Courageous...

The past two years have been nothing shorter than one of the craziest roller coaster rides I've ever been on.  Letting go of dreams, gaining three little blessings all in one swoop, and life itself.  I just never thought I would ride on one compared to what my life has been like.  

This journey is far from over, and I know God has wrote out a beautiful one for me.  I need only to have faith, be thankful, be brave, be courageous, be compassionate, be giving, be prayerful, and overall be who GOD created me to be.  

One verse I'm always brought back to, and that should be at the center of all of our hearts in this world we live in is this.  "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” (Joshua 1:9 NIV)

When I had to let go of my dream of finishing up my early childhood degree, I read this verse, but thought, "I was, but failed."  Oh no, I didn't fail.  I may not have been able to finish the very last piece of student teaching, but I did not fail.  I have realized that God might have other plans for me, or maybe HE just wanted me to see the other fields of this life journey then go back and finish my degree that I am so passionate about.  What it is saying in Josua is something that clicked some time ago with me, and something I found today in one of my devotionals that is clearly explained.  Here is how she explained it...First, there was a command: "be strong and courageous ... do not be afraid or discouraged." And it was wrapped inside a promise: "for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."  How could I have just read through that, and didn't realize the message.  Very easy to do when we are thinking of our own desires.  It's hard to let go, and let God take control, but being a child of God it will happen in HIS time.  Beautiful when it does.  


I wrote all that above ^ some time ago, but after some trials of my own feel I should post it.  Maybe you are going through some trials too.  Plant this verse on your heart, let God touch your heart, and it will grow.  We have different seasons in our life as Christians.  Some good, some bad, some lost, and some where you find yourself growing in your faith.  If my words, and my own journey can help someone else, than I am more than glad to share.  Y'all should see my drafts box on this thing...I can definitely talk your ears into a good sleep.  Lol.  Or maybe inspire you. ;) No, but really, my heart is here for others, and I need to use it that way.  

I hope you all have a beautifully blessed day.  This pic I'm sharing is something my new found friends down in Texas made.  They are the Tumbleweed Gypsies.  How they put this verse with part of an old knife makes perfect sense.  I think I'll be telling them I need this one.  Isaiah 43:2








2 comments:

  1. Thank you for a needed word of encouragement - especially Joshua 1: 9.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You very welcome David! I can always use Gods word for encouragement. I need it everyday.

    ReplyDelete