Tuesday, July 22, 2014

I AM....

Tonight as I was running (yes, running.  More on that in a bit.) I started off by listing to this song, I Am, by David Crowder.  If you haven't heard it, man, you need to just click this link.  I love it, and it speaks to me in so many ways.


The weekend flew by fast, and here we are at Tuesday already.  Only two more weeks, and my big boy starts Kindergarten.  :(  But, I am actually happy for him, because he is ready for school to start back.  So I am.  It may be busier with all the activities, but it is a lot easier with routine and all that.  Anywho, over the weekend Beau had two birthday parties on Saturday.  One at a trampoline park in the morning, then watched the motor toss event near our house on the way home, and then a late night pool birthday party.  Needless to say, he was tuckered after that day.  

Sunday, we just rested up.  I ended up taking Beau, and Wyatt out to the store that afternoon.  We took our time, and they both snacked the entire time.  Lol.  They loved it.  Wyatt thought he was somethin else being the only baby taggin along.  He ate up for sure.  I enjoyed it too, and felt a little semi normal.  Oh yeah, that's not normal, my life is the normal life.  Lol.  Right. 

Sunday night I took a long ride, and it was really nice.  I took a sorta new route. I try and travel all the local roads within a 15 mile radius of my house.  Getting to know them all, and the atmosphere on those roads too.  All that can be tricky sometimes.  But, I'm hangin in there, one pedal at a time.  

Here's a cool shot about 7 miles into my ride.  I love, absolutely love, this view.  Smooth lightly traveled country road, steep decline I'm fixin to race down, cows oh the sweet cows, green pastures ahead, and just me and the breeze in my face...oh, and the sunset.  :)

Had to stop for one more pic.  I pass this several times a week, and it never gets old.  Oklahoma oil, country views, and sunsets.  

Once I got back, Beau met me in the garage with tears on his face.  I asked him what was wrong. I was thinking he probably got in trouble, but no.  He said, "what took you so long I was worried you got ran over."  Oh my word, my heart sank, and I just sat down right there with him.  Hugged him tightly, and told him I loved him.  Then had to explain how if he ever got scared to immediately pray, and then have faith that God will protect him, and whoever he is worried about.  He has such a beautiful heart, and is so truly passionate and compassionate.  So thankful for that boy.  

These little rascals love corn on the cob.  :)

Check out her muscles...lol, just kidding. Wearin my reflector since I had to do a late night run tonight.  Running reminds me why I bike, and love to bike.  Running is not a nice sport.  Totally not for aging women, and especially ones that have had knee issues or surgery.  But, I actually did alright.  My (bad, but good after surgery) knee didn't feel quite the same.  It had an awkward feel really, but didn't hurt.  If I ran all the time it definitely would hurt.  I'm only going to run on the days I can ride.  One, it's easier to do after babies go down later than normal.  And two, it at least give me a cardio workout.  

I'm really liking the snap on reflectors.  See, I do things to be cautious while I ride and run. ;)  That reflection is from the street light.  I started at around 9:30. Yeeeeah!  It still was hot though.  

On another note if you would, please say a prayer for me.  It's an unspoken one, and normally I would come on out and specifically ask.  But, it's is a personal health one.  I'm ok, but have some issues that I have to get checked out.  I'm a total procrastinator when it comes to my own health, but after having these problems for the last few months I googled it.  I know, don't google medical issues.  Lol.  But I did, and read up on some things that I knew it pointed to, even before I googled it.  Anyways, if you will just say a prayer I would greatly appreciate it.

After Beau getting upset the other night, and getting worried, my childhood came to mind like a flood.  I was a lot like him.  After losing my mom tragically at such a young age I always worried something would happen to my other loved ones.  It was a struggle of mine for so many years, and still somewhat is.  But now, I fully understand what it means to have Faith, and not worry.  Sometimes easier said than done, but y'all know what I mean.  I want to instill faith into all four of my boys as it was in me.

Ok, it's late and I better get some shut eye.  Blessings to y'all from this Okie chic.  

2 comments: