Friday, June 13, 2014

A note to triplet mommas

 Yesterday I wanted to post this, but didn't find time when I was catching up on things before I went to bed, so I am now.  Currently I'm getting a pedi.  Haven't had one in over a year, and it is feelin good.  Bad news, they don't serve adult beverages at this one that I'm at.  Next time, I'll be going to the one that was suggested to me that serves wine.  Woo wee! 

So far today, I did a couple loads a laundry before our sitter arrived, and then once she got there I went out and mowed the yard.  Normally mowing isn't bad, but good grief mowing our entire yard with a push mower that's not self propelled is no fun, but it's done and I got a good workout for today.  Lol.  Anywho, I want to get on to the note to triplets mommas that I've been wanting to share.

*Note to triplet momma's
First, I'm thankful for the triplet moms that I have met thus far in this motherhood journey.  Facebook, and Instagram have sent quite a few new friends my way, and I wasn't even looking.  But, others were looking.  I believe God puts special people
in our lives, and directs our paths for strength, love, fellowship, and so much more.  As I read through some post from different triplet momma's yesterday morning on Facebook, I quickly realized we all have different lives, but one thing in common.  We are all mothers.  Mothers to more than one baby at a time, and we are all challenged to be the best mothers we can be.  But, we do feel failure on those stressful days.  Most of the time, triplet moms feel at a loss for so much.  We can't give as much as we want to give of ourselves to each of our children.  We are tested, stressed, and tried on a daily basis.  Life is not easy when you have three babies at a time.  We all realized that in a hurry once the cute little thangs arrived in our arms.  But, good news mommas.  You.  Are.  Not.  Alone.  We all have beauty in being a mom to triplets, and in my case and some others plus an older child.  The beauty is that life is real.  Motherhood is a beautiful thing.  Our failures are real.  Our accomplishments are real.  Out bad days are real.  And guess what, we occasionally have really good days, and those are so real.  It's a short season while they are this little, as a friend once told me during a rough time with the babies, and I remind myself of that often.  

One thing I want to encourage you all to do.  Go out and do the things you love to do.  Do something, on occasion and when you have time, that makes you feel good on the inside and out.  Now I'm gonna be REAL here, I didn't have any time to do much for myself until they turned one.  Before that it was busy busy busy.  Once they reach the stage of walking, playing, and eating meals I finally started having more time to do what I enjoy, and what makes me be a better mom.  That's riding my bike.  Now, I don't always get to ride like I want.  If the babies don't want to go to bed at their normal time, currently 7 central time, then I wait it out.  I like to get them all to bed before I have my momma freedom.  That freedom I believe helps me be a better mother, and feel good too.  Having a glass a wine or like me your fave brew is always a little stress reliever, just don't go drinkin the entire bottle.  Lol.  

Life is crazy, and raising children is one of the hardest things we will do in our lifetime.  I just pray that I do it right.  I know I could share a whole lot more, but mainly want to encourage y'all to do something for you.  People told me that for such a long time, until I finally did, and it does make me a better momma to my kids.  

One other thing I would suggest.  It taking a short vacation once they are about 18 months.  Although I haven't taken one yet, it is booked and I'm so very excited to go.  I never would've planned something like this.  I haven't had a real vacation in over four years.  But, one of my friends sent me an email inviting me, and I thought at first how nice it would be, but brushed it off thinking I could never leave all my boys.  But, I jumped on the girls trip bandwagon the other day and booked my tickets.  I'm so excited, and we are going to a beautiful east coast beach.  ;) JUST DO IT frans.  Step out of your confort zone, just like me, and do it.  

Ok, gonna try and not dose off during this foot message.  It's making me sleepy.  Lol.  

Hope y'all have a beautiful Father's Day weekend!  

Found my momma's first REAL camera.  It's definitely a keeper.  I bought my first REAL camera this week. :)

Beau and I walked in their room, and the little rascals have learned how to climb.  Lord help me!  

Thankful for the babies nanny, Stacy.  They love having her.

Clear night last night, but a tough ride.  On Wednesday I finally got fitted to my bike, and some of the adjustments feel off.  I also need to get use to some of the adjustments and riding properly.  It's tough, but I'm doing it and I love to ride.  

My legs feel like noodles after doing about, well I can't even guess, a ton of lunges mowing.  Lol then this message.  I need a hammock.  ;)

Blessings from this Okie chic!

No comments:

Post a Comment