Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Sweet Summertime

It is summertime, and the temps are definitely rising here in Oklahoma.  With that said, the babies had their official swim this last weekend.  Here is the a little update from the past week.  :)

Last week was just an all out horrible week.  The babies were all teething their bottom two molars, and thankfully they are past that.  But, it made for a not so happy week last week.  Then at the latter part of the week I hit my head so bad, and it was pretty much self inflicted.  Lol. Not intentionally, but I did it to myself.  I had Luke in one arm, getting babies all ready for bed, was getting a diaper out of the diaper cabinet in our living room, and wam I pulled the door hard straight into my left eye.  Thankfully it never turned black, but had a huge knot up until today really.  I had a headache for over two days, and that was no fun.  Anyway, last week is over and this week is much better.  

Two years ago I made this list.  It was during a totally different time of my life, and at that time I was working on this list.  The list was for my sweet Beau, and me as his mother.  Well, while going through my phone the other day, and deleting notes I made here and there I came across this list.  Made me think a little, and I felt pulled to start back at it.  I'll tell y'all a few of the simple things on the list, but most are things like how I want to parent him as a mother of faith.  The simple things I wrote on this list were places to take him all over Oklahoma.  I researched all these little towns, and fun things to do.  This state has so many fun places to take kids, and a lot are free.  Anywho, this also pushed me to take all four to the zoo last Friday.  Beau loves the zoo, and has begged me for months to take him.  We use to go all the time, until I got preggo with the triplets, and then life itself.  But, I don't have any excuses to not take them all.  Yes it's a little tiresome, well a lot.  Let's be honest.  But, I told myself, Tiffany Ann suck it up buttercup and take those sweet boys...even if your tired, your head hurts, and your back hurts (lifting 3 almost 30 pounders all day).  Just put on your big girl pants, and do it.  So I went ahead and planned it.  Thankfully Stacy was able to go with me.  She is truly a blessing to me for being the babies nanny, and care taker when I need.  It got hot just the few hours we were there.  The babies did great though, and didn't fuss at all.  For having to stay in their stroller the entire time I would say they did awesome.  As Stacy was saying to me, they didn't fuss as all when we actually saw single babies fussing and having to be held.  Made this momma proud of them.  So that was their first zoo trip.  AND as for the list, I've decided to start working on it. :)


Brant, in the middle, got excited with all the animals.  I think he is my animal lover like Beau.  :)

The night before the zoo trip the dishwasher went out.  I thought I smelled something, well the motor burned up.  So I had to rush around Friday afternoon searching for the dishwasher I needed.  Well no one had it, except for the builders  warehouse in the city.  So I got on the horn, and was placed with one of their long time salesmen.  Thankfully he wasn't salemeny, if you know what I mean.  Lol. When I was ready to pay (we did the order by phone cause I didn't have time to drive to the city) just before he processed my card he said, wait a minute...you sound like such a kind lady and I just feel led to give you the builders discount.  What?!  I felt like after my long two days of head hurting and the babies teething that God was pouring out some grace.  The words this man said sounded like God himself talking through him.  I felt truly blessed with HIS wonderful grace.  

So then we get to the weekend.  If you could see our back yard right now, well it's a mess.  So a lot of yard work is being done.  Then we are also cleaning up the half acre to the backside of our house.  If the babies were older we wouldn't need to clean it up, and wouldn't, but they run straight for the woods and when it's one adult to three babies and no fence...that's just crazy.  Lol.  So hopefully by the end of summer it will all be good, and a fence for my little animals. ;)

Sunday after Beau had his end of year baseball party I decided to take all the boys to swim at grams.  I found out it is doable, but tricky getting them all out of the pool.  Thankfully I had Gram to help.  They all did great after the chill went away.  :)


Then now here are to tonight.  After taking a few days off riding I was able to ride tonight.  I made it thirty miles finally.  It definitely made this momma tired, but was so nice.  It was a huge goal I had, and I met it.  Not sure how often I will be able to do it, but I at least know I can.  :) 

The long road that I made it to was a beautiful ride.  Riding west, chasing the sun.  :)  Just me, the highway, the sunset, and the storm clouds in the distance. 

Oh Wyatt, you little box car rascal.  ;)

Sweet Brant always gets into the hat basket.  Today he actually put on the beenie.  Lol

Ok, I better get a few things done.  Tomorrow I am taking the big boy with some friends to the big water park. 

Blessings from this Okie chic ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment