Monday, June 30, 2014

The Car Seat post...finally :) and a link you all should know about.

Finally getting some time to post about a little research I did on forward facing car seats.  I am also adding my own two cents on this subject as well from my experience with my first child, and the triplets.  So here ya go frans.

First off, before I forget, I want to share this link with y'all.  You may know about the US consumer and product safety commission, but if you don't please take a gander at their site.  One thing they do that I have benefited from several times is they send out emails of products that have either been recalled or are getting recalled.  All you do is sign up for their email.  You won't regret it.  You would actually be surprised at all the food, and merchandise items that actually get recalled.  Some companies are very precautionary, and recall before anything has happened, and others are lacking.  I've been subscribed to this email distribution for five years now.  In that five years I've had five things that I had bought recalled.  Four of them were replaced by the companies.  It's worth it trust me.  I am including link, but will also be adding a button on here for those that just want to go to website, and view.  It will be in helpful links on the menu bar.  :)

Here is the link:  

Ok, on to car seat information.  You should definitely get up to date with your local (state) policies and regulations.  Your pediatrician will always state what is recommended, but just to verify everything for yourself, check your state government websites.  The state of Oklahoma has some helpful links included on theirs that I found great.  Here is my state link.


As for top ratings on car seats I usually always look at the www. consumerresports.org ratings, as they are usually all spot on with what I have found in car seats.  I also check out www.parents.com and the National Traffic Safety Administration website as well.  



As for my two cents on car seats I think it is wise to read all the current laws, read reviews on carseats, check all the car seats that have been recalled, and then go with you gut instinct.  Don't just choose one cause it's cute.  Choose one that will last, one that is durable, and keeps your bab(ies) safe.  The parent reviews and recalls can help you out quickly on finding the right fit for you.  

Some of you might be wondering what brands I have used.  With my first I went with the Eddie Bauer set up on the infant car seat, but then went with Britax for forward facing.  The Eddie Bauer was pretty durable, comfortable, but during the time he was using it I received one replacement part recall.  They sent me the part, and walked me through replacing it.  Thankfully it was right before he quit using it when he became big enough for the forward facing.  As for the Britax I absolutely loved it, and decided to go with them again on the Triplets.  Britax has always been the front runner on safety, and comfort surprisingly.  They are absolutely awesome.  As for the infant car seats that I used with the triplets I had no choice, but to go with Peg Perego, because they are the market holder on triplet strollers and you can only use their brand infant carriers with their stroller.  Expensssssssive for sure, but I also searched and searched on those and got a really great deal.  


Ok, that is the basics and my two cents.  I hope it gives you some extra insight, and a little bit of info.  

Blessings from this Okie chic! 

No comments:

Post a Comment