Sunday, July 13, 2014

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder..

They say beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.  I have to agree with that.  It is all in the mind on how you perceive things, and I know God made each of us with like minds, but different perspectives.  Let me elaborate on why I'm writing this.  

This last week, and here recently, I see all these young teenage and young ladies wearing these daisy dukes.  And I mean daisy dukes like the actual Daisy Duke wore in the 70s.  Not just teenage girls, but 12 and 13 year olds.  Some even younger than that.  It shocks me at first when I see it, but it seems like society is ok with this.  Why?  What is our mind set for our children setting them up for?  Are we ok with letting me throw theirselves out on a sexual platter and say here I am?  Well, all I can say is that if I had a teenage daughter right now we would have many discussions.  I am all for shopping for cute outfits, and wearing what you like, but I just don't agree with some of the garb that is being put out there for our beautiful young ladies.  God made you beautiful enough without all the body showing, so why add to and mess up what already is beautiful.  Showing more skin or slapping on a lot of makeup doesn't make you beautiful.  It makes you a twin to what society thinks is beautiful.  

Throughout my raising I never once asked for makeup, and was never offered   makeup.  I just didn't want it.  The few, and I mean few, times that someone else has put makeup on me I actually went to the bathroom and washed it off as fast as I could.  I felt like I couldn't breath, and felt like I had a mask on.  I am God's child, and feel that he made me (just like He made you) beautiful in every way.  Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, but put that back to what God wants you to see.  Not what society wants.  Look at the amazing human He created.  That in itself is beauty.  

Ok, that's my two cents for today on some of my thoughts.  ;) Here is a song, and video of what beauty really is.  You. Just. Don't. Need. Any. Extra.  


Video:


Blessings from this Okie chic! 

No comments:

Post a Comment